Join Us at PR1MA COMMUNICATIOS
As passionate individuals who seek to provide high-quality housing with lifestyle concepts for middle-income Malaysians, we’ve grown attached to the cause. If you share our passion and determination, we invite you to join our team at PR1MA COMMUNICATIONS. Please send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Senior Engineer / Engineer, Network Operation CentreResponsibilities;
- Responsible for the Broadband, Voice Service and other IP based services activation, end to end service fulfillment for the customers
- OLT & ONT Configuration – configuring VLAN for voice, data and other IP based services
- Responsible for providing 1st / 2nd level technical support for the network (accepts technical service escalation from customer helpdesk), handle trouble tickets and complaints received including troubleshooting and escalation within the SLA
- Perform monitoring of network performance by participating in night, weekend and public holiday shift as per duty schedule (or as when required)
- Responsible for daily network operations including but not limited to:
- Diagnoses of problems and provide accurate problem resolution to achieve service restoration
- Troubleshooting, escalation and closure of all end user incidents and service requests in line with agreed service levels and documented SOPs
- Provide technical support and services in resolving complex network issues
- To accurately, courteously and professionally perform and manage customer inquiries / complaints via call and email according to guidelines and requirements
- Escalate urgent or recurring operation issues to vendor/ management (and notify the management and related parties for high profile issues)
- Manage and follow up closely with vendors to ensure escalated issues and resolved with SLA
- Troubleshooting of issues related to critical network links, abnormal network conditions, firewall incidents, security incidents, customer complaints, upstream providers incidents and other network related issues.
- Liasing with leads, manage vendors to help in restoring the faults, liasing with management for updating and request for management decision on critical issue.
- Problem escalation and management to upstream network providers and other 3rd party vendors – providing technical leadership and expertise on transmission backhauling.
- Ensuring constant and close communications with other service providers (backhaul) in delivering optimum and quality supports in maintaining service quality to the end customers.
- Perform daily system administration, maintenance and support of Operation Support Systems (Elements Management System) to ensure systems are constantly functioning properly and available for monitoring).
- Establish the Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and processes for obtaining all regulatory and statutory approvals related to telecommunications across all PR1MA project sites in streamlined manner.
- Plan and Implement the continued development and automation of Operation team’s network management process (continuous process improvement on daily operations)
- Communicate and collaborate with internal teams and vendors in problem solving, practice knowledge sharing and continuous learning on network issues and solutions (to recommend improvement whenever needed to meet with latest network standard)
- Technical resource pool to support project implementation, backhaul transmission coordination and configuration with 3rd parties Service Providers, rollout of OLT for new project developments, migration, network improvements and other technical related requests within network & solution teams
- Maintain accuracy of network records, database, network diagrams and circuit configuration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Computer Science/ Information Systems (IT) with specialization in Network Configuration/ Network Service Operation.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in telecommunication network operations
- Diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering/ IT – with hands-on 3-4 years relevant experience in the service activation, IP provisioning with ISP will be considered. (Fresh university graduates with outstanding academic result will also be considered)
- Experience of IP networking, experience in administering OLT, ONT, Core Network, Lease-Line, MPLS, LANs, TCP/IP, VOIP, VLAN, switching and routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Working experience in Service Provider network environment/ managing multi sites network and possess in depth knowledge of layer 2 & Layer 3 and/or transmission data network shall be added advantage
- Strong leadership and experience in leading NOC team effectively and ensure that service is delivered on time
- Experience diagnosing network problems and knowledge of network security.
- Highly committed to issue resolution and believe in customer-centric approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional working attitude, team player and ability to meet deadlines & produce desired results.
- Good interpersonal, communication, analytical and report writing skills.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders in challenging working environment.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks.
- Able to convey technical information to non-technical customers.